Outer Heaven
Welcome, you have just downloaded a virus. Thank You!
Outer Heaven
Welcome, you have just downloaded a virus. Thank You!
Outer Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tier 1: Vampires

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eurekafox
Admin
Eurekafox

Tier 1: Vampires Empty
PostSubject: Tier 1: Vampires   Tier 1: Vampires EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 9:55 pm

Sample decklist...

Creatures
4 x Bloodghast
3 x Vampire Hexmage
4 x Gatekeeper of Malakir
4 x Vampire Nighthawk
4 x Vampire Nocturnus
3 x Malakir Bloodwitch

Sorceries
2 x Grim Discovery
4 x Sign In Blood
2 x Mind Sludge

Instants
3 x Disfigure
4 x Tendrils of Corruption

Lands
4 x Verdant Catacombs
4 x Marsh Flats
15 x Swamp

Sideboard
1 x Grim Discovery
1 x Vampire Hexmage
1 x Malakir Bloodwitch
2 x Mind Sludge
3 x Duress
3 x Marsh Casualties
4 x Deathmark

Lots of top 8's and a recent SCG 5k Dallas win, vampires are here and there really solid. They have good removal, lifegain and very efficient creatures. Looks to only get stronger with the release of more vamps in Worldwake.
Back to top Go down
Crooked Lotus

Crooked Lotus

Tier 1: Vampires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tier 1: Vampires   Tier 1: Vampires EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 1:40 pm

These guys just keep getting good stuff! Why didn't they pump the Ninja tribe like they're doing Vamps?!?
Sigh.

So, I think Worldwake is giving this already good deck some more tools......

I don't think 2 of the new rare vampires will see competitive play (Anowon, the Ruin Sage and Butcher of Malakir), but the other rare vampire, Kalastria Highborn will see some play. The question is what do you take out? Vampire Hexmage, Bloodghast and unkicked Gatekeeper are already in the 2 drop slot, so it's going to be tight. I think running 2 Hexmage and 3 Bloodghast in the main should create enough room to try 2 Highborn, but that's just me. I hate to take out a Bloodghast, especially since the Highborn has a lot of synergy with him. In fact, Bloodghast is THE best synergy with the Highborn.

What about Pulse Tracker?
He fights the Lacerator for the 1 drop slot. He essentially is giving you 2 damage for 1 mana, just like the lacerator but the Tracker doesn't have the lifeloss. I like him and would swap out the Lacerators just for testing....{Edit: I just realized that you don't run Lacerators. Sorry}

Urge to Feed was the first card I thought would be a good addition. It just does so much. It's removal, combat trick (untapping) AND is creature pump for 2 mana and at instant speed?!? This card is nuts good. This should almost never be a dead card.

You can even do combat tricks with this card.
Go into combat and attack. Target one of YOUR creatures with a toughness of 4 or more with this spell. Untap all of your attackers and give them a permanent +1/+1!!! That's like creature boost and vigilance for black. Oh and don't forget: it's also removal!!
But again the question is, what do you take out??
Maybe Disfigures? That would be my first answer.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down

Tier 1: Vampires
Page 1 of 1