Outer Heaven
Welcome, you have just downloaded a virus. Thank You!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

General Discussion

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eurekafox
Admin

PostSubject: General Discussion   Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:30 pm

For reference here is the list so far: http://mtgsalvation.com/rise-of-the-eldrazi-spoiler.html

Those huge Eldrazi creatures are crazy, it's going to take other cards for them to be playable and that may be there downfall. We have Eye of Ugin and Eldrazi Temple. (makes 2 colorless mana but can only be spent on Eldrazi Spells or Abilites) Meaning for those big spells to have a reasonable chance to actually be cast these cards are going to need to be in play. Now the whole set isn't spoiled so we don't know what else we got but one other card is interesting to the whole Eldrazi mix. That card is Seething Song...wait I mean

Not exactly Seething Song but pretty close as long as you have those two lands into play. Not to mention the potential one sided Wrath for 3 colorless!!! This is all the best case scenario's of course and testing will let us know. The Green Gifts Ungiven (sorta) is also very nice!

Last edited by Eurekafox on Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eurekafox
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:58 am

After checking again the Green Gifts costs one less!!! It's the same cost as harrow, which would you rather play? lol. It looks like green is going to be a good place to start for the Eldrazi. Eldrazi Green might have to change it's name! Lotus Cobra and Realms Uncharted (green gifts) should be pretty effective in powering out those monsters. Don't count out any color though as there is Expedition Map to fetch up those lands as well. I'm gonna work on a list for the Green/Eldrazi deck, should be ready to test soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crooked Lotus

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:38 pm

Those Eldrazi Spawn tokens in the art look like Morph creatures on some heavy narcotics....

I fear decks like tribal Eldrazi.
You have to commit so much to this narrow theme, even if the payoff is spectacular. I don't see this flying with control finally establishing it's Tier 1 status. It ain't gonna happen. Yeah, so 1 of them is uncounterable - big deal. You will still need to get to 15 mana first.

Lotus Cobra has been in standard for almost half a year already, and it's only found a home in the archtypes Junk and sometimes Bant. Do you really think adding more acceleration, land fetching and a few 10+ costing creatures make it a "more viable" stategy??? I'm not sold on this, but who's to say until we have a full spoiler available.

That being said: I don't think Wizards would base an entire mini-block around a tribal archtype, if they didn't plan on giving it the tools necessary to be competitive. In fact, you can almost count on being able to make this future archtype viable. It will be tried and tested but it really depends on the rest of metagame.

Look at it like this: how easy is it in the current meta for you to create a ramp style deck that is rewarded by playing expensive spells?? There is only 1 archtype that can currently pull this off: Junk and the occasional Bant deck. Both are already tightly constructed with little room for new additions.

It just seems to be a big risk. All of these cards must rely on another card in order to see it's full potential!! I mean, when players start discussing these new Eldrazi cards, they automatically include how good such and such card is if you have Eye of Ugin or Eldrazi Monument in play. Or how easy it is to cast such and such if you played <insert Eldrazi card name here>.
Synergies like this don't typically become sucessful.

Unless it is a strong combo deck or an aggressive tribe like Goblins or Elves, you will not succeed with depending on multiple cards that rely on each other. It is a shaky, unreliable strategy that I plan to manipulate to my benefit.....

Next Time: Leveling Up with Stupidity!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eurekafox
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:04 pm

We've already discussed how no one likes the idea of the deck but regardless of how lame it is if it becomes a deck we need to test against it. I'm just trying to figure out what the deck is gonna be like, believe me I have no interest in playing them!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   

Back to top Go down

General Discussion
Page 1 of 1